VOXCOM is committed to the privacy and confidentiality of its customers and its employees. We respect that you care about how your information is used and shared. Our commitment to safeguarding your right to privacy is one of the many reasons we are a trusted top provider in the security system industry.
- Clear accountability
- We are responsible for all personal information under our control and will designate one or more individuals who will be accountable for the organization's compliance with this policy.
- Identifying purposes for information
- We will identify the purpose for which we collect personal information at or before the time the information is collected.
- Knowledge and consent of information collected
- We obtain the customer's consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information except where permitted by law.
- Limiting collection of information
- We limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purpose identified. We collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting use, disclosure, and retention of information
- We do not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. We retain personal information only as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- Accuracy in all we do
- Personal information is maintained in an accurate and up-to-date form and as is necessary to fill the purpose for which it is to be used.
- Safeguarding against abuse
- We protect personal information by employing securities safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
- Openness and honesty
- We make available to our customers and employees information concerning the policies and practices that apply to the management of their personal information.
- Your individual access to your information
- Upon request, customers and employees will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and will be given access to it. Customers and employees may verify the accuracy and completeness of their information and may request that the information be amended where appropriate.
- Your ability to challenge compliance with these principles
- Customers or employees may direct any questions or enquiries with respect to the privacy principles outlined above or with respect to our practices by contacting our privacy officer.
We may collect, use, and disclose personal information from our customers for the purposes of providing security services including monitoring, guard service, and maintenance on your system; billing, renewal, and upgrade offers for your services and system; or notices about alarm response and customer services policy. We may also collect, use, or disclose personal information for all other lawful purposes that may be reasonably required. Customers may revoke their consent of collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing. Please note that removing your consent will prevent you from receiving VOXCOM services, special offers, newsletters, and life-safety announcements. Access to personal information is given to employees who we believe need use of that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs in helping protect you, your family or staff, and your property everyday. Any information we obtain from you is voluntarily provided to us from you and processed and stored in secure and confidential databases with stringent access control. We maintain security standards and ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration, or misuse. Our safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
As a security company, VOXCOM bases its business on trust and ethics. Canadians from coast to coast trust us with their residential and commercial security needs. Our commitment to privacy and the highest standards of protecting your information will continue. We have developed this privacy statement in order to demonstrate this commitment to the protection of your privacy.
VOXCOM Security Systems
We're Looking Out For You.
The Use of Your Information Online
There are various forms on our Web site in which we ask users to voluntarily provide us with information. This information helps us to provide better service to both our current and potential customers. VOXCOM uses incoming and outgoing Web site traffic data (log files) to help evaluate and adjust our Web site and servers. We also use it to gather broad demographic information about our users in general–such as how many users are coming to our site and what pages do they look at most often.
You have our assurance that we are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We only use your personal information to help us service your account, to improve our services to you, to provide you with information or products you have requested, and to inform you about additional products or services that may be of interest to you. We do not sell or provide your personal information to third parties, and we protect your information by placing it in a secure data centre. This Web site does not collect personally identifying information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it.
With the recipients' permission, we periodically send out email newsletters, promotional messages, and announcements about VOXCOM. The newsletters primarily focus on providing life safety information and advice for our customers and other interested citizens. Recipients can remove themselves from our e-mailing list at anytime.
This site contains links to other Web sites. VOXCOM is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites and encourages you to review their privacy policies before providing them with any information.
Information that is collected will never be shared with any other organization unless the user has provided us with explicit permission to do so or unless we are legally bound to identify an individual to a government authority under current information laws and regulations.
VOXCOM has investigated and made substantial investments in the latest technologies to protect any information that is collected. These technologies are deployed as part of a sophisticated security architecture and protocol. All data resides in a tightly controlled, secure data centre.
A Note About Spam
Unsolicited "junk" email is referred to as "Spam." Nearly all of us at one time or another will find these unsolicited messages in our email boxes. Unfortunately, there is no current solution to prevent the delivery of Spam through various Internet Service Providers. VOXCOM does not and never will engage in such unethical activities.